Huwebes, Mayo 4, 2017

We have reached 13,584 notebooks!

“What are we doing tiring ourselves packing all these thousands of notebooks?” I jokingly said aloud to the rest of the volunteers last night, while we were all busy and sweating from arranging, collating, packing our notebooks by 8. We launched our campaign for notebooks last March and three weeks to the campaign, we only had around 700 notebook pledges. I was beginning to lose courage, on the brink of calling it off. But most of my fellow volunteers urged me on, saying a project like this must never cease. “Let’s keep going,” we told ourselves. I surrendered. To the heavens where the Mightiest of All resides. I surrendered. To the one greater than me, wiser than me, stronger than me, the King of Kings, the Owner of the Universe. I let go. And let God … And indeed he showed us his might! 13,584 notebooks. I find that hard to fathom, given the very limited campaign time. It's way, way more than we have targeted. It is a miracle.
So yes, we are here tiring ourselves for these notebooks to be sent to our four adopted villages in the south. We are here sacrificing a lot of things to be there for the ones who need us the most. We are here, because over and over God showed us that when he calls his people to go on mission, he equips them and in being equipped by the One as powerful as He is, you are not just able to achieve the impossible, but most of all experience his mercy, love and protection.
We honor our donors, supporters, fellow volunteers for joining us in this endeavor, thank you for the encouragement, the prayers, the love that you give us and that we in turn will give to our adopted villages. In a special way we would like to thank all those who have bought paintings from our youngest volunteer, Gabriel's art exhibit: Aprell Gelaga, Jerald Gozon, Joy Janzen, Siason family, Tan Family, Fr Sean, Ninong Richard, Pam and Resty, Irene, Nanay DitDit, Tito Eduard. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!! May God be praised at all times.







Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento